The Port of Dubrovnik has been awarded in the latest edition of the MedCruise Awards for Best Adriatic Port. This is the first edition of the awards held on June 25 in Genoa.
MedCruise members and their associates as well as local authorities and cruise ship executives and international press. The awards are divided into several categories with different juries composed of experts from the cruise industry. The MedCruise Board of Directors and its president were responsible for delivering the different awards. The Port of Dubrovnik won the prestigious Best Port award in the Adriatic Sea region.
As explained by the president of MedCruise, events like this are intended to strengthen cooperation between industry actors and recognize companies, organizations and individuals who work harder to promote the sustainable growth of cruise activities in the Mediterranean and its adjacent seas.
Airam Díaz was elected president of MedCruise at the 51st General Assembly held in Toulon. Airam Díaz Pastor, Commercial Director of Ports of Tenerife is the new President of the Association that represents the ports and stakeholders related to the cruise business in the Mediterranean and its adjacent seas. For its part, the MedCruise Board of Directors is composed of Aris Batsoulis (Corfu), elected Senior Vice President, Laura Cimaglia (Brindisi), elected as Vice President, Figen Ayan (Istanbul), Cherifa Ben Salem (Tunisian Ports), Maria Cano Olmos (Palamós), Cristina De Gregori (Genoa / Savona), Nicky Guerrero (Gibraltar), Valeria Mangiarotti (Sardinian Ports), Teodor Patrichi (Constantza), Theodora Riga (Piraeus), Carla Salvado (Kusadasi / Bodrum / Antalya) and Thrasos Stavridoupoulos (Volos)
Cathegories and winners of the awards
• The shipping company with the greatest commitment during the 52nd MedCruise General Assembly held in La Valletta: Captain Luigi Pastena, Vice President of Port Operations, MSC Cruises
• The shipping company executive with the greatest commitment during the 54th MedCruise General Assembly held in Kusadasi: Marcus Puttich, head of port and land operations, TUI Cruises
• The best port in the western Mediterranean region of MedCruise: Port of Barcelona
• The best port in the Adriatic region of MedCruise: Port of Dubrovnik
•Award for the best publication in the cruise industry: Seatrade Cruise Review
• Lifetime recognition award: Giovanni Spadoni, Technical and Commercial Director, Porto di Livorno 2000 and former President of MedCruise (2009-2011)
• Cruise line award with the highest number of stops in all MedCruise regions: MSC Cruises
• Award for the Cruise Line / Organization Group with the highest number of stops in all MedCruise regions: Carnival Corporation
• Award to the luxury cruise line with the largest number of stops in all theMedCruise regions: Viking cruises
• Award to the best cruise lines with the biggest commitment with the Eastern region of the Mediterranean: Celestyal Cruises
• Award to the cruise line with most investment and commintment with the environment and sustainability: AIDA cruises
• Award to the cruise line with the biggest sustainability: Costa Cruises
• Award to the best cruise line with highest assitance in general elections from MedCruise: Royal Caribbean Cruise Line Award